A few weeks back, my scheduled posts started not popping up at the times they were scheduled to appear. Not a big deal. Just published them manually when I noticed. But this week, three post drafts have gone missing. Poof. Gone. And silly me, I write my posts in Typepad so I have no back-up. Teaching school does not permit time during the week to re-construct so I'll just make do here until the weekend. Grrrr.
Rather than give this too much thought, I ran over to my favorite used book sale of the year at Stone Ridge on Monday evening. During the last few hours of the sale, books are $10 a bag. I scored all of the books you see above plus a whole bunch my kids picked out for themselves. $10. That was it. Books in mint condition. Christmas among the cherry blossoms here in DC. Not even sure I want to read all of these. Just grabbed away like all the other crazy people. Such fun! What should I read first?? Now mine:
- Cellophane by Marie Arana
- Friend of My Youth by Alice Munro
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Anything Considered by Peter Mayle
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch
- Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje
- Abide With Me by Elizabeth Strout
- Four in Hand: A Quartet of Novels by Sylvia Townsend Warner
- The Book and the Brotherhood by Iris Murdoch
- The River King by Alice Hoffman
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
- Run by Ann Patchett
And the winner is...
And the winners are...
Gavin from Page 247
Trevor from Mookse and the Gripes
Barry from Barry Wightman's Random Notes