Ultimate book lust. Last year, I was wowed by the design of the 80th anniversary poetry series, and this year they have come back to provide these cousin editions displayed above in colorful glory. Faber senior designer Miriam Rosenbloom provides insight and inspiration for the design process here at the Faber blog, The Thought Fox.
And this year's titles?
- Kid by Simon Armitage (cover illustration by Peter Clayton)
- Making Cocoa for Kingsley Amis by Wendy Cope (cover illustration by Ed Kluz)
- The Whitsun Weddings by Philip Larkin (cover illustration by Michael Kirkman)
- Dart by Alice Oswald (cover illustration by Jonathan Gibbs)
- Nil, Nil by Don Paterson (cover illustration by Charles Shearer)
- Ariel by Sylvia Plath (cover illustration by Sarah Young)
And the individual covers?
You know you want them. Comment here by end of day next Monday, July 5 for a chance at winning the whole set. Just tell me which one you would read first if the whole set was right before you. From the lovely, generous Faber folks. Five lucky winners. Open to US, UK and Canada residents. Can't wait to get mine.